Thursday, May 12, 2016

Building Batteries and Friendships

*Hopefully Nneoma isn't planning on reading any more of these posts, because I'm about to be level 10 creepy. *

Most of the time, making friends isn't hard. There are some people in my life that I can't remember befriending..they have just sort of always been there. 

My lab partner is not one of those people. 

At the beginning of the fall semester, I made a conscious decision to befriend Nneoma. We were both course 20 (and therefore in most of the same classes), on the track team (we even had an event in common: long jump), and 2018s. In fact, with all those things in common, I was surprised that we weren't friends already. 

>>Let me just say here that we weren't not friends. We just weren't more than acquaintances. We would talk sometimes in class or at practice, but we didn't have any inside jokes, and we didn't text or snapchat at all.<<

So, I decided that with a bit of light stalking effort on my part, we were going to become friends. However, that was easier said than done. After the fall semester, I had made little progress. Turns out building a friendship takes quite a bit of time and work. I wasn't ready to give up, though. 

And it's a good thing I didn't. I won't give all the credit to 20.109, but forcing us to spend so much time together as lab partners sure made a difference. I learned a lot about science and bioengineering in this class, but I got a pretty cool friendship out of it too. 

*Nneoma is definitely going to punch me if she sees this post.* 
*I'm not scared of her enough to not post it though.*

In case anyone was wondering who the best lab partner pair in 20.109 was this semester, let me tell you, it was TR Orange. 

Sorry Nneoma, but these are too cute to pass up. 

Haley and Nneoma do science. 


Haley and Nneoma take ring delivery. 

Haley and Nneoma do track. 
(AKA the cutest picture to ever exist and proof that no matter what she says, Nneoma likes me at least a little bit.)

Even if our protein, NHEJ assay, and battery weren't the best, we certainly are. 





No comments:

Post a Comment