Wednesday, May 11, 2016

The Unexpected


When I began 20.109, I was honestly not expecting as much scientific writing as there actually was. Sure, the class was a CI-M, but surely that meant just learning about writing by reading a couple of research papers, right? Not even close. 20.109 was a crash course introduction to all things scientific communication through presentations and written reports.


And that type of scientific communication was completely different, with unique rules and expectations, than other writing I had done in the past. Needless to say, it was a difficult format to grasp.


  But nothing is impossible if you put your mind to it and are not afraid to ask for help.


Now that the semester is drawing to a close I can definitively say that 20.109 has made me aware of the nuances that go into scientific communication and allowed me to practice this challenging aspect of science. Although it was not what I expected, this class helped me improve my ability to write and present research. I look forward to applying the things I learned as I go forward.



No comments:

Post a Comment